Senior Iranian Official: ‘Islamic Revolutionaries Can Now Target US Troops’

Former IRGC commander Mohsen Rezaee says U.S. President Donald Trump “crossed a red line” by killing Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani, threatens “very severe” response.

Former Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps commander Mohsen Rezaee said last week that U.S. President Donald Trump had “crossed the red line” by killing IRGC Quds Force commander Gen. Qassem Soleimani.

During an interview with Iran’s Channel 2 on Jan. 3, Rezaee, currently the secretary of Iran’s Expediency Discernment Council which advises the country’s supreme leader, said that the Islamic revolutionaries in the region had previously focused on targeting Israel and Saudi Arabia while leaving the United States alone, but can now target American soldiers.

Rezaee also said that Iran has increased its monitoring of American bases, warships and installations in the region, and that resistance fighters in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Yemen and elsewhere are “preparing for action.”

He said that since U.S. President Donald Trump “is not a man of war,” Iran is making its own calculations that do not involve starting a war, however, he promised that Iran’s revenge will be “very severe.” Iran will do something that will prevent all countries—not just America—from “perpetrating crimes” such as killing Soleimani, he said.

Written by Joshua Finkelberg

Joshua Finkelberg is a contributor for The Schpiel.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Loading…

Loading…

0

Comments

comments

New York Lawmaker Proposes Changes To Controversial Bail-reform Law

Trumponomics Boosts Wages The Most Among Those With The Least