Psychological projection has become a key characteristic of the Left. If Democrats and their serfs in the liberal media complain about something, they most likely do it themselves, but pin it on an often blameless GOP. This is how Democrats and the Left explain Hillary Clinton’s approval of the deal that handed the Kremlin control of 20 percent of America’s uranium supply, while investors in Uranium One Inc. donated $145 million to the Clinton Foundation. Rather than excoriate this serious Russian collusion, the Left has screamed, “RUSSIAN COLLUSION!” at Donald J. Trump for nearly three years.
Likewise, Democrats and the Left whitewash their own anti-Semitism and, instead, blame Trump — America’s most pro-Jewish, pro-Israel president — whenever Jews are attacked or killed, as atrociously transpired on April 27. A 19-year-old gunman opened fire on the Chabad of Poway Synagogue near San Diego. He killed Lori Gilbert Kaye, 60, and injured three others.
Predictably, the Left trampled Trump.
• “Why do these people feel they have license now to attack synagogues?” Senator Dick Durbin (D – Illinois) wondered on CNN. “This has really been fomented because of the rhetoric we’re hearing from the White House.”
• According to Senator Kamala Harris (D – California), Poway and similar onslaughts “are borne out of hate — hate which has received new fuel in these last two years.”
• “Take responsibility for your actions, Mr. President,” said Joy Behar, co-host of ABC’s The View. “You are the culprit!”
One problem: The shooter disdains Trump.
“Are you a Trump supporter?” the killer asked himself in his manifesto. He replied: “You mean that Zionist, Jew-loving, anti-White, traitorous cocksucker?”
The villain who murdered 11 and wounded seven at Pittsburgh’s Tree of Life synagogue in October hates Trump, too.
The Left’s anti-Trump attacks occur despite his pro-Jewish and pro-Israeli statements and actions.
On Thursday, the President hosted a National Prayer Day ceremony in the White House Rose Garden. He said: “We will fight with all of our strength and everything that we have in our bodies to defeat anti-Semitism, to end the attacks on the Jewish people, and to conquer all forms of persecution, intolerance, and hate.”
Trump also welcomed Poway’s rabbi, Yisroel Goldstein. “Mr. President, when you called me, I was at home weeping. You were the first person who began my healing.”
Trump is the first sitting president to visit the Western Wall in Jerusalem — Israel’s capital to which he relocated America’s embassy, from Tel Aviv. Trump signed the Taylor Force Act to defund Palestinian terrorism. According to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, “We have never had a greater friend than President Trump.”
Meanwhile, Left-wing Jew hate is in full bloom.
• Rep. Ilhan Omar (D – Minnesota) spouts anti-Semitism, and House Democrats respond with an anodyne measure denouncing anti-Semitism and “all forms of hatred” without censuring Omar by name.
• The liberal “Paper of Record” published two anti-Semitic cartoons last week. One depicted Netanyahu as a dog, with a Star of David around his neck. As Alan Dershowitz wrote in The Hill: “One of the weapons of hate against Jews deployed by Nazi Germany were cartoons and caricatures that depicted Jews as subhuman animals, often as dogs or spiders.”
• Democrats, including Bill Clinton and Al Sharpton, still appear publically with virulent anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan.
• Leftists slam Israel relentlessly — from the on-campus Boycott Divest and Sanction movement to the United Nations’ almost daily anti-Israel resolutions. Socialists and Democrats have become the keepers of anti-Semitism’s flame, and yet they shout “anti-Semite!” at Trump.
The Democrat Left’s deceit about “the Jew-hating Trump” eclipses the truth. These lies disguise their own anti-Semitism and project it onto Trump and the Right, in hopes of crushing both in 2020. This is as ugly as politics gets.